The school rules apply within the school premises, and at all school functions held outside the school. When wearing the school uniform outside school premises, all rules pertaining to the uniform, personal appearance and personal conduct must be strictly adhered to.
A. THE NATIONAL ANTHEM AND PLEDGE-TAKING
Students who are Singapore Citizens must sing the National Anthem and take the Pledge. Students will take the pledge with their right fist over their heart. The National Anthem, Pledge and School Song are sung/recited at attention in standing position.
B. SCHOOL UNIFORM
2. Students should wear only low cut white shoes and white socks. Socks should not be more than four fingers above the ankle. Students are not allowed to wear ankle socks.
3. Students should be in the prescribed PE attire for Physical Education lessons.
3.1 Students are allowed to be in their PE attire on days that they are having PE lessons.
3.2 P3 to P6 girls should put on their school skirt before and after PE lessons.
4. For safety reasons, pouches and plastic cardholders are not to be worn.
C. PERSONAL CLEANLINESS AND APPEARANCE
1. Male students must be clean-shaven and neat in appearance.
Boys: Short and neatly combed hair. Hair is considered long if it touches the collar, ears or eyebrows. Hair should not be combed upwards using gel. Long sideburns are not allowed.
Students’ Hairstyle (Boys)Girls: Neatly combed. If hair is long (i.e. shoulder length), it must be tied up or plaited. Hair accessories must be black.
3. Girls are allowed to wear only one pair of earrings or ear studs. Dangling earrings and other forms of jewellery are not allowed.
4. Students are not allowed to wear coloured contact lenses.
5. Students should not be loitering outside school premises in school uniform. Students will be brought back to school if they are found loitering in school attire and will be required to be fetched by a parent / guardian from school.
D. GENERAL DISCIPLINE
1.1. Students must be in the assembly area by 7.30 am.
1.2. Students who are not assembled with the class for the flag-raising ceremony in good time are considered late.
2.1 Students who are unwell are required to produce a valid medical certificate covering their duration of absence from school.
2.2 The school will only accept a maximum of six letters per year from parents/ guardians explaining the absence of their child/ward.
2.3 Student’s absence from school without a valid medical certificate or reason constitutes truancy and is classified as a serious offence in the MOE School Offences Module.
2.4 When a student is unwell or is unable to attend school during Weighted Assessments, a medical certificate supporting his/her absence must be submitted.
2.5 Students are not allowed to leave the school without permission from the form or subject teachers. Parents must pick their child up and sign out at the General Office if students are leaving school during school hours.
3. Restricted Items
3.1 Students are not allowed to have any weapons in their possession. They are also not allowed to bring any weapon-like items which can be used or intended to be used to cause harm to others.
3.2 Students are not allowed to use mobile phones in school or during official school events. If a student is caught using a mobile phone, it will be confiscated. A parent or guardian will have to collect the mobile phone on the same day.
3.3 Students are not allowed to bring electronic gadgets to school.
4. Restricted Areas
4.1 Students should not be in the school hall or enter any rooms or offices without permission.
5. Minor Offences
5.1 List of Minor Offences
· Skipping classes
· Improper attire and grooming
· Not doing homework / classwork / assignments / projects
· Using inappropriate / vulgar language
5.2 If a student commits a minor offence, the following step(s) may be taken at the school’s discretion.
· Parents to be informed.
· Verbal or written warning.
· Counselling using Restorative Practice.
· Students may be required to make good on the infringement. For example:
· Stay back in
school to complete homework.
· Help keep the school clean.
· To correct inappropriate appearance as soon as possible.
· Stay back in school to make-up for the duration of late coming.
5.3 A minor offence that is repeated more than 3 times shall be considered as a serious offence.
6. Serious Offences
6.1 Leaving school grounds without permission
6.3 Cheating in tests / examinations
6.5 Open defiance and/or rudeness
6.6 Bullying / Intimidation
6.7 Disruptive behaviour
6.8 Abuse of technology to cause hurt and/or defame others
6.12 Assault / Fighting
6.15 Possession of pornographic material
6.16 Possession of weapons
6.18 Substance abuse
the severity of
each disciplinary case,
the following actions
may be taken by the school:
7.3 Other actions (as deemed appropriate by the school)
E. PERSONAL CONDUCT
1. Students are to greet all staff and guests of Greenwood Primary School with a slight bow.
2. Students must uphold the school core values.
3. Students must uphold the good name of the school at all times.
4. Students are to queue up for food, while waiting for the bus and while buying stationery from the bookstore.
5. Students are to walk quietly when moving from place to place.
F. USE OF FACILITIES
1.1 Students must follow the rules of the library.
1.2 Students must be quiet as the library is a place for silent reading.
1.3 Students must not eat or drink in the library.
1.4 Students must take good care of the books and return borrowed books on time.
2. School Hall/Indoor Sports Hall (ISH)
2.1 Students must not play or run in the Hall or ISH except during PE lessons in the presence of a teacher.
2.2 Students are allowed to be in the Hall or ISH only when a teacher is present.
2.3 Students must not eat or drink in the Hall or ISH.cc3. Canteen
3.1 Students are to walk to and from the canteen in an orderly manner.
3.2 Students are not to play, run or shout in the canteen.
3.3 Students are to queue up for food and drinks.
3.4 Students are to consume food only in the canteen.
3.5 Students are to return all bowls, plates, glasses, etc. to the proper receptacles after eating.
4.1 Students are to use the toilet with care.
4.2 Students are to keep the toilet floor dry.
4.3 Students are to flush the toilet after use.
4.4 Students are not to throw anything into the sinks or toilet bowls.
4.5 Students are to wash their hands after visiting the toilet.
5. Special Rooms
5.1 Students can be in the special rooms only when a teacher is present.
5.2 Students are to handle equipment with care.
5.3 Students are to report any breakage or damage of any items in the rooms to the teacher.
5.4 Students are to place all items back in their proper places after use.
5.5 Students are to arrange the furniture neatly before leaving the room.
5.6 Students are to switch off the lights, fans and air-conditioners before leaving.
5.7 Students are to keep the rooms clean at all times.
6. Water Coolers
6.1 Students are to use the water coolers for drinking only.
6.2 Students are to keep the floor around the water cooler dry at all times.
7. PE Equipment Room
7.1 Students are to enter the PE room only when a teacher is present.
7.2 Students are to seek the teacher’s permission before removing any item from the room.
7.3 Students are to return all equipment after use to its proper place of storage.
7.4 Students are to be careful when removing and returning equipment